Thursday, September 26, 2019

LIHI, Your Unusual Resto in the Metro


Lihi Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


Cravings? Whether I'm pregnant or not me and my husband craves any time of the day. My husband loves Bulalo so much and when he starts to crave, next thing we know is we're already in Tagaytay. We always crave for Filipino food and it's nice to know that there's a new place to eat in town and it's just around the neighborhood. The Lihi, Cravings for Wifey and the Family. 


"Lihi" is a Family Style Restaurant where you can have your heart's cravings, especially for Filipino food. Lihi is not only intended for pregnant Mom's who were literally "naglilihi". The concept of this resto is to satisfy the cravings of every guest for Filipino food whether it be included in their menu or NOT. Yes, you got it right, aside from the sumptuous food choices listed in their menu, you can order here whatever your heart desires as long as they have an available ingredient on the time of your order. No matter how unusual your cravings may be. They were like your husband who will do everything to give in to your yearning. Or a genie to make your wishes come true (but only for your food cravings😁).

The Food. Lihi mostly served Filipino foods, from Beef, Pork, Veggies, Fish and Chicken dishes. There's a lot of options to choose from their list, but as previously mentioned if you crave for a certain food that is not part of their menu you can just inform them ahead of time to know if they have the ingredients for it, so they'll be able to prepare it for you. Regardless of the type of cuisine, Filipino, Chinese or Japanese, don't hesitate to ask and inquire to give in to your cravings.

Below are some of the ala carte dishes that we've tried on our visit.

Chef's Style Embutido 
219 Php. Lihi's very own special Embutido recipe. Not your usual type of Embutido, this is one of my favorites at Lihi so far. I am not a fan Embutido, I haven't even introduced this dish to my kids, but this one is an exception. Never knew I could eat this again. The Japanese mayo plus the sweet and sour sauce complements the texture of the Embutido, having a soft, easy to chew meat, really not the typical type of Embutido❤❤❤.

Baked Tahong
195 Php. Fresh mussels baked in Lihi's special cheesy dressing. Let me share with you a secret, this was my first time eating mussels, as in really!!!🤫. My husband even forced me to taste that one time, in a super expensive resto but really didn't got me eating it. I don't know what Lihi did, but at the time this was served it really had me wanting to try it, and yes I did it! This was even the first dish I've tried that day. Ok, Bucket list ✅. Oh btw, let me share with you the taste, the cheese was really Superb!💯! Not your typical cheese, as in super sarap! (tagalog para Intense!)

Salted Egg Shrimp
395 PhpFresh shrimp tossed in house special salted egg sauce. I'm a fan of salted egg dishes and everything with salted egg I really love, add it to shrimp then this is something special. Also, note that their shrimps aren't small shrimps,  I think those were medium or large shrimps already if we talked about shrimp.

Pinakbet
245 PhpVegetables sauteed in fresh shrimp and alamang mix topped with crispy pork. This is also one of my favorite, eating this felt like I'm in Ilocos and enjoying the freshest vegetables and that crispy pork felt like eating a Bagnet straight from the North. Missing Ilocos already, but no need to travel far anymore, cause Lihi is just a few minute drive from us, very nice.

Lihi's Kare -Kare

550 Php. If Embutido is my favorite for their appetizers (though it's not only an appetizer type of meal cause it's still best to be paired with rice), this Kare Kare is 💯👌💖, true to their claims " masarap kahit walang alamang", I'm a fan of Lihi's Kare Kare, the sabaw itself "ulam na!". Do I need to add more with that? Ok, to add more the soup of this Kare Kare is what makes it a superb dish, you'll definitely taste the fresh and maximum amount of nuts, that explodes in your mouth. This Kare Kare will surely make your day.

Lihi's Bulalo
395 Php100% Pure Beef shanks and bone marrow cooked with fresh Baguio beans, napa cabbage, and sweet corn. We've been to Tagaytay and even went to Batangas in searched for the best Bulalo that would satisfy our cravings. Tagaytay captured our hearts that we will definitely travel a couple of hours just to get that authentic Bulalo taste. I'm glad that Lihi came here in Quezon City because this will be a definite go-to place for our family when we crave for Bulalo, there's no more beating the traffic just to have a sip of that nice Bulalo soup. Why am I saying this? It is because at the first sip of the soup of this huge Bulalo servings it already took my heart away. They brought me to that Tagaytay feel, no stir, no joke, just authentic expression of how it felt for the first time trying Lihi's Bulalo. The meat was cooked to perfection and the vegetable was fresh and crunchy just how I like my veggies to be. With only 395, you can never go wrong with this Bulalo.

Turon A la Mode
90 Php Crispy turon topped with a scoop of ice cream drizzled with chocolate syrup. For their dessert, this is my favorite. The turon is nicely crisp and you can still bite and chew it easily. The banana inside is easy to chew as well, fresh and soft banana inside this deliciously sinful (for diet) dessert.
Brownies Overload
 149 Php Brownie topped with a scoop of ice cream, covered with cream, drizzled with chocolate syrup and topped with a cherry. Second, to turon, this is also part of my favorites list. Clueless where is the brownie? Oh, it's all covered with that delicious cream, very nice and affordable for 149.
Banana Split
199 Php 3 scoops of ice cream in Ube, Chocolate, and Strawberry flavor, banana split into 2 plus cream and a wafer stick. Freshest banana, that is one thing Lihi can be proud of, their freshest ingredients served for the happiness of their customers.
Chocolate Milkshake


120 Php Chocolatiest milkshake. 

Aside from their a la carte menu they also have group meals good for the whole family and the gang. 
ctto LIHI

ctto LIHI

ctto LIHI

ctto LIHI

The Place. The place is really cozy and homey, best for family and friends who would like to celebrate and have their bonding moments eating out. 
They have free wifi so no need to worry about connecting to the world.
They have a very nice and clean comfort room and wash area.
A cozy spot for waiting area if you will have your food for take-out. 
Very nice location as it is just along the road of Congressional Avenue, very easy to search for first-timers.
And an ample space for parking, no need to worry about your cars being towed😁.

Delivery. You can order your food thru Food Panda and Grab Food. But for special orders which you cannot find on their menu, call them directly at (02) 903 2762. 
ctto LIHI
Address.  Unit 816, One Raffles Place, Congressional Avenue, Bahay Toro

Quezon City, Philippines 1106
 , click on the link to be re-directed to Maps.

To know more about Lihi's exciting offers, Catering, and even Franchise opportunities visit their social media handle below.

Facebook Page: LIHI on FB
Instagram: LIHI on IG



22 comments:

  1. Great and delicious post. Please send some desserts this way. They give me cravings.
    Great slogan : Cravings for wifey and the family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is right, good marketing strategy for this resto :), thanks for visiting

      Delete
  2. I was the food looks nice and then saw the desserts I could just eat one of those now they look so nice

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a great place for families to dine. The food sounds delicious I would really love to try it someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of the seafood looks absolutely incredible and so fresh! And how can you beat a banana split like that? Thanks for sharing your experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no worries, experience like this are worth sharing

      Delete
  5. The dishes look mouth-watering. The place looks simple and cozy. I should try it soon. Malapit lang pala sya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes yes yes, it's sooooo malapit friend! try nyo na!

      Delete
  6. I've never tried Filipino food before but I am going to now! Everything sounds delicious. I honestly don't know what I want to try first, probably the desserts. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I used to be in NJ, I used to work with some Filipino and boy I enjoyed their food. Now, I am in Tampa and work from home and I haven't had any since then.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the concept of satisfying everyone's cravings. I must say that all the food shown above looks really yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never had a meal from the Philippines but with your well written post and images. I begin to have the cravings for a taste of these meals. I absolutely dont know which to choose right now. Yummy delight.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kristine Nicole AlessandraSeptember 28, 2019 at 5:07 PM

    It is funny how they named their set menus. Very creative! I would love to give their Sinigang na Lechon Kawali. That sounds really good. Oh, and the Turon ala Mode! You got my tummy grumbling for that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful place to feed your cravings. I love the seafood dishes, especially the shrimp dish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow the food looks amazing to me. Like its presentation. I would love tonhavr that meal sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can relate when it comes to cravings; you always want a good hotel where they cook so well. I crave for roasted maize corn and I get in in the interior parts. Haha. Anyway, Filipino food looks so good, I think I want a bite now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this post!!! especially the dessert :) I can understand and relate to the craving part.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The resto did such a nice strategy. Their foods look delicious and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha! This is such a nice concept and I wish we have one nearby our home. My husband and I have crazy cravings too.

    Now, I am badly craving for baked mussels and the 3rd trimester set looks really good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha that's right! 3rd trimester is really something to try.

      Delete

Featured Post

If you want a milkier Milk Tea, Then Try TeaMi!

Being a Milk Tea fan, and being able to try almost all milk tea brands in the market right now, it's been hard to distinguis...