Saturday, March 14, 2015

Glenn 50's Diner (Baguio City)


March 14, 2015

It was the 1st morning of our road trip from QC to Baguio, riding a motorcycle with our son who is 6 yrs old only. After Checking out from Prince Plaza Hotel we opt to find the best place for breakfast where we haven't tried yet.

At first we were actually looking for PKNY Cafe, but unfortunately, the roads never lead us to PKNY, I don't know what happened but ever since we've started going to Baguio, for years now, we always passed by that cafe when going to Wright Park, but now that finally, we want to try it, we can't see it! Damn GPS!
50's Diner Entrance/ Front Area 

And since my husband is super hungry and it's already 10AM for a breakfast, we've decided that the 1st resto we saw along the way, that will be it, that's where we will eat. That's when we saw Glenn's 50's Diner. Though I was a bit hesitant to eat here at first, cause my impression was it's expensive since it is well known in Baguio, and that I was craving for pancake at that time,


Upon entering the resto, you will notice a very familiar place you will see on 90's movies, the ambiance is very 80's and 90's if I'm right with my calculation.
A vintage jukebox 

central dining area 
In every wall corner you will see different framed photographs of our oldies old time favorite Hollywood actors and movie posters, most pictures we're Marilyn Monroe, but on our side of the table is Bing Crosby's Holiday Inn, and Attack of the 50ft. woman, well I am really not familiar with those movies, but my husband says he has watched the 50ft woman! what an oldie! hahaha






So let's talk about their food. So here's their MENU:







And to my surprise, they've got pancakes! Yey! Since me and my son love pancakes so much, we got really excited 'cause they've had a couple of PANCAKE meals!
different pancake meals 




Well, this is not your typical pancake meals with maple sauce. For those who loved breakfast, you would really love to try 50's Diner.

And so we've ordered a couple of their Hollywood Inspired meals.
For my husband, he has ordered YOU and I; deep fried breaded ground beef and ground chicken, topped with tartar and mayo sauce ala Croquet, as stated on their menu :).

You And I 

and Butterfly Shrimp; battered shrimp then deep fried until golden brown served with potato chips.

Butterfly Shrimp 

For me and my son is the Pancake Sandwich; deckers of pancakes with chicken patties, crispy bacon & lettuce. Served with hot spicy maple syrup or BBQ sauce, but since the sauce mentioned in their menu is not available, we opt to have the usual maple sauce instead. This one is 125php, a lot more expensive than the new JB pancake sandwich, but I can tell you that this is very much affordable, with the veggies and patties and bacon alongside it.

Pancake Sandwich
and for me alone, will be Two Fresh Eggs, 'cause I saw it has bacon's, oh how I love bacon. Bacon and Hotdog and off course with 2 fresh eggs, with garlic rice served with ice tea, from their Budget Savers menu. This one is worth 105php.

Two Fresh Eggs 

the 50's mocha; I have also tried this beverage from their Coffee Awareness/Appreciation menu list, coffee beverage drink blended with fresh fruits infused with ice cream top with whipped cream. This is worth 100php, which is much more affordable than a Starbucks coffee.





You can see my separate blogs for their foods.


And let me just add, that they don't have a SERVICE CHARGE for your food!

The food is really affordable plus that fact that they provide big servings and no service charge at all.


Rating:

Price & Value of Money - 5 out 5 stars, you can see the reason

Cleanliness - 3.5 out of 5 stars, cause when we get in the table is not yet clean, but the previous customer has already gone out a few more minutes before us.

Service - 3 out of 5 stars, for the long time waiting for the food.

Ambiance - 4 out of 5 stars, I like the setup of their place. Very much Hollywood like.




So here are more photos: Taken outside 50's Diner, this vehicle is as well 50's Diner's property I supposed, best for photo ops.










Definitely coming back to try more of their food.

Location: Gen. Luna Road, Baguio, Benguet

Facebook page: Glenn 50's Diner




































No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

If you want a milkier Milk Tea, Then Try TeaMi!

Being a Milk Tea fan, and being able to try almost all milk tea brands in the market right now, it's been hard to distinguis...