Saturday, March 14, 2015

Laperal White House (Baguio City)

March 14, 2015

Since a few years ago where my sister in law decided to live in Baguio and grow her family, we never had a chance to visit the famous Laperal White House. Simply because we not yet ready to face our fears then.


Famous Baguio White House
And so this 2015, my family decided to face our fears and since my son is so fond of horror movies and because his favorite movie is INSIDIOUS, finally we have visited the famous Laperal White House.

Please take note, that is an entrance fee/involuntary donation if you'd like to visit this site. It's 50 pesos per head, kids are free. Entrance fee covers your entrance for both Lapera white house and the Ifugao bamboo art gallery.


So what's that round light shadow on the door? Creepy
So you want to know how it feels to first put your feet on this house floors? 
To be honest, I was really scared, I have that unexplained feeling of fear, maybe because I was just thinking about it and the 2 guys I am with is adding the scare on me, but really, I felt heavy when we stepped in. 
So who says #13 is the scariest number? Well it's actually 14.
So what's inside? As you enter, you will notice that it was actually an extension of the Ifugao Bamboo Art Exhibit under this house. You will see a couple of bamboo handicrafts displayed in every corner, I guess the idea is to revert or remove the thought of fear and be amazed by those wonderful well crafted bamboo arts.
So who's really enjoying the exhibit?
Father & Son
Aside from the bamboo crafts, you will also see antique furniture's, I'm just not sure if those are the original furniture's of the house, though they all really look old and scary to touch, or I'm just so paranoid at that time, hihi.
Dining area + Exhibit area

Just look at the window...

oh, noh...not the shadow...

and I would have wanted to have this clock, very antique! Nice but not working.
And I also love the fact that they have a chimney, I only saw those on Princess Sarah days, so nice that I see one for myself in flesh.
ang chimenea.
You would also love the center of this house, very dramatic.
 And off course, I wouldn't forget the stairs.
And on the 2nd floor, actually there's nothing you can see upstairs, no more bamboo handicrafts, no more special furniture's or antiques, as in there's nothing.
Except that you would be surprised when you reach the next floor, because outside you would only thought it was just a 2 story house, and really doesn't seem big outside, but there are a couple of rooms, I forgot to count exactly how many rooms, but I am guessing at the 2nd floor there are at least 4 BIG rooms, yes you got it right! 
They really have big rooms, as I say, "pang mayaman"; but at the rooms, you will only see a bed with no bed sheets at all, just a plain bed and a plain room and that old TV.

Just be ready to be surprised as you enter this room, I won't tell it anymore, it's for you to see.
one of the rooms

So Who would have thought, that there's also a 3rd floor for this house, actually it looked like an attic already because it's a bit small space. Or like a viewing deck where you can see top view in front of the house.
the viewing deck at the attic

Doesn't seem scary yet? 
girl in the window
Oh well that's just me :).

And here's a small garden outside the house.
little pond outside
So when you visit this place, please make sure to say a little prayer before your entrance and before you leave, for safety precaution, I can't believe it yet though I have felt heavy as I've said a couple of times. 
Just like to share that there's a family who also visited this place before us and we've met them at the attic and they are saying that they have captured a picture of kids on their cameras, haven't seen it with our own eyes, not so "usisera", they just said so. But it would be better and no harm done if we say a little prayer for those souls and for our families safety.


So how to get there? This is just near 50's Diner, you just have to ride a cab since cab is really affordable in Baguio.

Happy planning!


2 comments:

Featured Post

If you want a milkier Milk Tea, Then Try TeaMi!

Being a Milk Tea fan, and being able to try almost all milk tea brands in the market right now, it's been hard to distinguis...