Friday, January 27, 2017

YUMMY YEMA WHITE LACE cake from Kuya Jun's Bakeshop

Kuya Jun's Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


As mentioned in my previous post, I'll be writing a separate blog for Kuya Jun's letter cakes.

The first time I've checked out on Kuya Jun's FB page and upon checking the reviews most of the praises are for their YUMMY YEMA WHITE LACE cakes, and that made me curious and for that the first flavor that I ordered for my son's 8th birthday was the YUMMY YEMA WHITE LACE cake for letter E, which stands for my son's first word of his first name Ethan.


YUMMY YEMA WHITE LACE cake by Kuya Jun's Bakeshop
As you can see in the picture, the design was carefully made and the intricate design shows that it was a work of art and the baker's hard work makes it more special. It was in every detail, every dot beautiful, every icing squeezed shows love for their cakes.

And that is the reason they don't allow writing the dedications on top of the cake. And as mentioned on my previous post on Kuya Jun's Bakeshop, if you want to have a dedication for their cakes but are NOT their dedication cake itself, you will have to pay an additional 80 pesos for a larger board so they can write your dedications on the extra board and not on top nor at the corner or any part of the cake. Just like the one below.


captured from Kuya Jun's FB page
Yummy Yema cake is a chiffon cake coated in Yema frosting and designed with Vanilla icing incorporated together to create a Yummy as the name implies, and delicious dessert for everyone. As claimed by Kuya Jun's Bakeshop their cakes are "25% less sugar added than standard recipes", and I believe they are true to their claim. Not your typical "known" Yema cake, with Kuya Jun's their cakes, are not too sweet, Yes I said it right, this is the Yema cake that is not too sweet. The sweetness is at its right blending and not overpowering. In other words, "Hindi nakakasawa".
You'll never know how much the kids love it like one of my nephews keeps on coming back for more.

Though there is one thing I've noticed, there are some parts, though not all as to my sense of taste (not really sure if the other's notice it, especially the kids who loved it) some parts of the chiffon cake inside was a bit dry, because I choked on my first bite. Or I just ate bigger parts that's why?

Oh well, all in all, this cake was really good. I swear the kids loved it!

Kuya Jun's Bakeshop, you nailed it!


Price: 550 Php
Location: G/F Metrolane Complex, P. Tuazon Blvd corner 20th Ave, Cubao, Quezon City, Philippines
Facebook page: Kuya Jun's Bakeshop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

If you want a milkier Milk Tea, Then Try TeaMi!

Being a Milk Tea fan, and being able to try almost all milk tea brands in the market right now, it's been hard to distinguis...