Friday, January 27, 2017

Manila Mango Vanilla from Kuya Jun's bakeshop

Kuya Jun's Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


Now, this is my favorite, of all the 3 cakes we've ordered from Kuya Jun's Bakeshop for my son's 8th Birthday.

See related post below:
Kuya Jun's Bakeshop
Yummy Yema White Lace Cake
Choco Kisses & Caramel Squiggles Chiffon Cakes


Manila Mango Vanilla by Kuya Jun's Bakeshop
Well, actually when I call to order, the only flavor in my mind is the Yummy Yema cake, because my son loved yema cake so much and a chocolate cake, whatever chocolate cake since my husband will only like chocolate cakes, he may eat some and take a bite of cake flavors that is not chocolate but that's it ONLY a BITE.

So how was I able to decide for the Manila Mango Vanilla? Because I have already inquired too much and the phone is hot already? Well sort off, but not quite. My son and husband loved Mango, the fruit, yes the fruit, that sweet mango. And the name of the cake got me to order it. Since we do not want to have 2 cakes similar in flavor, and we would also like to try different cakes and for our guest too, why not try something new. Something we haven't tried buying before even in other bakeshops.

The question is, why Manila? When their place is in Quezon City and Taguig? Or why not the Philippines? Hmm, I haven't dared to ask, but I guess because it sounds better with that name and it rhymes as well. Would you fall for Quezon City Mango Vanilla or Taguig Mango Vanilla or PH Mango Vanilla? Those name wouldn't be too attractive right?


I am not a fan of vanilla in any desserts, be it a cake even I loved cake so much or even in ice cream. The taste is too basic for me, #MyOpinion #MyTaste. But what really caught me was the mango icing! I swear, first time I dipped my finger on the cake and tasted that yellow or orange-like color on this cake, it melted my heart. That really got me. It really tastes like mango, it feels like I tasted a ripe and very sweet mango freshly picked from the tree. Aside from the outside taste of mango, in the middle of this chiffon cake lies a layered of those mango taste. It complements the simplicity of vanilla and provides a not too sweet, not too basic taste of a mango and vanilla cake. But I would love this more if they added more of that mango taste. The mango flavor is a bit short for my taste, they should have added more.

By the way, did I already mention that this is only 550 pesos? For that elegant taste, I think this is worth the price.

So try this one out. And have a taste of that delightful Manila Mango Vanilla cake.

Location: G/F Metrolane Complex, P. Tuazon Blvd corner 20th Ave, Cubao, Quezon City, Philippines
Facebook page: Kuya Jun's Bakeshop

1 comment:


  1. Thank you for sharing this content. Hope you could also check our best bakeshop in manila soon. 🙂

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

If you want a milkier Milk Tea, Then Try TeaMi!

Being a Milk Tea fan, and being able to try almost all milk tea brands in the market right now, it's been hard to distinguis...