Friday, January 27, 2017

Choco Kisses & Caramel Squiggles Chiffon Cakes from Kuya Jun's Bakeshop

                                                                Kuya Jun's Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
For all the 3 cakes that we ordered for my son's 8th birthday, this was the only one that he keeps on eating. this is the only one he likes by the way. If my nephew liked the Yummy Yema, well my son loved this cake so much. My husband just had a few bites for this cake and everything else was eaten by my son. Less than 1/4 of the cake tasted by others and the remaining was for him ALONE!
But let me clarify that he doesn't eat it in one seating 😁, we're still able to take this home from our dinner and since it was Friday when we celebrated his Birthday, all weekend long when he asks for something to eat he'll always ask for the chocolate cake.


R stands for Rafael for my son's 2nd word on his first name, just stating facts 😁.

As stated on this cakes name Choco Kisses, it is obvious that it has chocolate kisses on top of the cake, but sadly, what you see on top are ALL the chocolate kisses this cake have. There are no chocolate kisses inside as well, so sad 😞. I would assume it has between 20-30 mini chocolate kisses in all.

For the Caramel Squiggles, just like the chocolate kisses what you see outside is what you get. That gold like spirals on the four corners of the cake where the caramels. But in all fairness, the caramel taste good. But sadly that is all you can get.

But this cake redeemed it's greatness for the "Chiffon Cake" on its name. Obviously, everything inside is chiffon, with layered cream or icing in the middle. And this is a proven truth with their tagline that their cakes are 25% less sweet. Yes, it is less sweet, but it tastes good! You can't imagine how my son keeps on coming back for more of this cake.
We all know that most kids have sweet tooth and they were fond of anything sweet, call it a dessert. And cakes are one of them, but I can be sure that even diabetic adults would love to try this. The sweetness isn't overpowering.

Ask me if I would buy this cake again? Well definitely Yes, because my son loves it. I am just a bit disappointed with the name. The name says too much, you'll expect much but the name doesn't deliver. I would prefer a simple name for this so when someone tried it they'll be surprised with the taste they will get from trying #JustSaying.

To show how much my son loved the cake, check out the video below.

All in all the rating was good, giving this a 4 star, cause it tastes good, my son loves it, the sweetness is just great, and diabetics would love it too. Minus one for the name that doesn't deliver much.

So try this now. I'm sure your kids would love it too.

Price: 550 Php
Location: G/F Metrolane Complex, P. Tuazon Blvd corner 20th Ave, Cubao, Quezon City, Philippines
Facebook page: Kuya Jun's Bakeshop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

If you want a milkier Milk Tea, Then Try TeaMi!

Being a Milk Tea fan, and being able to try almost all milk tea brands in the market right now, it's been hard to distinguis...